Tasty Chicken Soup For Healthy Living
Chicken soup is quite a common and diverse fare on dining tables. And depending on one’s taste bud disposition, craving one is a mouthwatering moment. It is simple to cook and loaded with health benefits that leave you craving for more. In short, this is warm and pure soul food for the body and reinvigorates your spirit. Easy to cook chicken soup makes the most of leftover roast chicken delicious and simply unforgettable. Let’s try out this.
Preparation time: Approx. 30 min’s
Cook time: Approx. 30-40 min’s
Chicken Soup Ingredients
N.B. As there are several types of soup, ingredients depend on what is good for you. For the lactose intolerant, some ingredients use personal discretion.
2 medium-size sliced onions
chopped celery sticks
2 medium-size finely diced carrots
25g plain flour
1.2litre chicken stock
450g of skinned and shredded cooked chicken
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
N.B. Preparation is decided as per the chosen recipe and preferred ingredients. For a wholesome taste place ingredients at a precise time.
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium flame/heat intensity. Gently add the onions, celery, and carrots to fry until soft.
2. Slowly stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Let mix gel properly.
3. Add the ready prepared chicken stock and allow the mixture to the boil as you keep gently stirring slowly.
4. Add salt and pepper to the season for better taste as you reduce the flame/heat intensity until the mixture simmers.
5. Let the simmering take 10 minutes up till when the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the prepared chicken and let it cook till it is thoroughly heated.
7. Finally, adjust the seasoning as you stir in the parsley for added aroma. Make it
8. Get ready to serve as you relish the sure goodness to follow.
Chicken Soup: Additional Nutritional Facts
No doubt chicken soup is a delicacy many relishes with a giant leap of interest and appetite. These nutritional facts add a dose of informed dining.
1. Calories – 288kcal
2. Proteins – 28g
3. Carbohydrates – 11.5g
4. Sugar – 7g
5. Fats – 14g (6.5g saturate)
6. Fiber – 3.4g
7. Salt – 0.7g
Ensure optimal cooking to preserve food benefits in the ingredients. Tasty chicken soup seasoning is a perfect blend and balance between ingredients and cooking time.
Chicken Soup: Extra Proven Therapeutic Benefits
- It is a special hydrant that avails enough fluid intake in the body.
2. It prevents and fights cold and flu symptoms by bolstering the immune system.
3. It has significant weight loss properties.
4. Being rich in glucosamine and gelatin means it provides anti-inflammation body repairing and tissue reconstruction properties.
5. Great asset to the digestive tract by providing digestive enzymes, calories, vitamins and other essential nutrients.
6. It functions well on the respiratory system with its abundant therapeutic properties.