Homemade Pizza Recipe
The homemade Pizza – You meet it almost everywhere, declined in many variations, adapted to the local tastes and customs. Salty or sweet, pizza from Italy is a dish that still continues to evolve today and has little to do with the original version.
The First Pizzas
This Italian dish dates back to late antiquity. The word “pizza” would have appeared in 997. Its origin is controversial: for some, the term comes from the German
This flat dough resembles, in fact, some bread is still found today across the different countries of the Mediterranean basin. With time and depending on the regions, this “bread” has been accompanied by ingredients. There is no real city of origin of pizza but it is in Italy that it developed in the Middle Ages.
Where Was The Pizza From Italy Today?
With the first counters and exchanges between countries, the tomato and the buffalo (whose milk is used to make mozzarella) arrive in Italy, more precisely in Naples. Neapolitans are the first to cover their tomato bread. Initially, this simple dish is sold in the streets of Naples and pizzerias where this bread, cooked in a wood oven, is made, as would be a ham butter in a bakery.
It was in 1780 that the first pizza of modern Italy was born, the pizza Margherita (bread, tomatoes, cheese), made by Raffaele Esposito in honor of Queen Margherite who enjoyed her pizzas. This dish, which until then was eaten in the street, acquires its letters of nobility and has since diversified.
Homemade Pizza Recipe
Homemade Pizza – Ingredients
- 500 g flour (or a mixture of 250 g of normal flour + 250 g of bread flour)
- 1 C. salt
- 1 C. tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 bags of dehydrated yeast (about 10 g)
- Water (about 250 ml)
- Tomato coulis
- Herbs of Provence
- Cherry tomatoes
- grated cheese
Homemade Pizza Preparation Steps
- Preparation of the dough by hand or bread machine. The proportions will allow you to make 3 medium or 2 large pizzas
- Mix the flour, salt, yeast, add the water (slightly lukewarm) and the oil, knead to a homogeneous paste
- Cover and let rise 1 hour
- Remove the air from the dough, divide the dough into 2 or 3 balls and spread it on the work surface (if the dough retracts, avoid flouring your worktop, it will hang and spread more easily).
- Arrange the circle of dough on a plate with a sheet of baking paper
- Preparation of the pizza sauce: fry the minced onion and garlic in a little olive oil, add tomato coulis, herbes de Provence (thyme, rosemary, or oregano) and let it simmer for 8_10 minutes over low heat.
- Spread a little tomato sauce over the pizza dough
- Spread the filling evenly (cut tomatoes, mozzarella, ham, etc.)
- Bake in the bottom of the oven for 10 minutes at 220 ° C, hot oven.