Pan seared steak is a favorite dish, especially in western cuisines. With beef as the main ingredient, perfect pan-seared steak often depends on the quality of beef cuts. Whether tenderloin, rib eye, it all boils down to cut thickness. Steak is a high-calorie staple for non-vegan diet lovers. Highly rich in fats, proteins, cholesterol, potassium, sodium and a range of other vitamins. Let’s get cracking on what excites a pan-seared steak.
Preparation time: Approx. 50 mins
Seasoning: 30 mins
Searing: Approx. 20 mins
Serving Yield: 6
2 (12 ounces) lean strip steak
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
¾ teaspoon black pepper
2 crushed garlic cloves
2 thyme sprigs
N.B. Seasoning and accompaniments for added taste purely depend on preparation method or personal preference.
1. Take the steak and preserve for 30 minutes at room temperature for effective and proper seasoning.
2. Add or sprinkle salt and pepper evenly all over the steak..
3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over high heat.
4. Place oil into the frying pan and swirl to coat evenly. Ensure oil spreads well.
5. Add steak to the pan and cook for a minimum of 3 minutes while continuously turning it on each side or until browning.
6. Reduce the burner heat to a medium or low flame as you add other seasonings like butter, thyme, and garlic to the pan.
7. Slowly take pan-handle using an oven mitt or folded dish towel to prevent burn.
8. Bend or twist pan for butter pools and cook 1 1/2 minutes while basting steaks with butter constantly.
9. Take steaks from the pan and smother in foil and set it aside for 10 minutes.
10. Finally, with butter mixture on side slice steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Set aside thyme and garlic and add the butter mixture onto the steak. Ready to serve and relish.
Pan-Seared Steak Additional Nutritional Facts
It is obvious for the calorie-conscious this is an active high-calorie count diet. Pan-seared steak can still be nutritious especially with conservative fat-free cuts and portions that avoid excessive fat. It contains Fats, Proteins, Dietary Fiber, Cholesterol. And some minerals like Sodium and Potassium.